


I'm not sure who else other than me voted for carrots, but hurray - you win! I voted for carrots because I already knew they were going to be Dylan's next food. Only because Andy's parents were visiting last weekend and I needed them to make a birthday carrot cake. If I had been strictly guided by the poll I think I would have chosen peas. Poor unpopular peas! They were the only choice that didn't get chosen at all - kind of like fat kids (or way too skinny geeky kids) in gym class.Carrots are a hit so far. They get everywhere! As I'm trying to feed her, Dylan grabs my arm with her hands and legs (just like a monkey!) which gets carrots all over the both of us. That combined with the fact that she uses her feet as pallet cleansers between bites dictates that we bathe the baby immediately after a feeding.
And yes, you do see me feeding her with my finger. Dr. Sears (author of The Baby Book) said it was a good way to start feeding. I'm not sure how closely I agree or disagree, but I will be getting infant spoons next time I'm at Target. I'm tired of her chomping those gums down on me!

1 comment:
we have yet to try carrots. just did peas and pears this week. it is way more fun for me to have him try new foods than i think it is for him.
Post a Comment