Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Big SD Weekend

As I mentioned in the earlier post, Dylan and I spent last weekend visiting family in San Diego. Daddy took us to Union station on Thursday morning and us girls took the train to Solana Beach where Granny Jo and Great Aunt Carrie picked us up. The train ride was crowded, but we managed to get a seat to ourselves. There were some other kids on board which helped to keep the wee one entertained for the two and a half hours we were on board.

Thursday evening a friend from college, Brook, came over and had dinner with us. It was great catching up with her.
Brook and Dylan

On Friday we went out shopping a bit, got a few cute outfits from a baby consignment shop. That evening we had our old neighbors, Ginger and Mohamed, over for dinner. That too was a great visit. Their youngest daughter just got married and we got to hear all about the lovely wedding (my parents weren't able to attend because they were on their Alaskan cruise!).

On Saturday Poppa Ed took Dylan and I out to lunch at the Chicken Pie Diner while the rest of the clan went with Aunt Kailee to donate her hamster, Juno, to the humane society. Lunch was great and Dylan got lots of attention (as always). Turns out Juno is unadoptable, so the humane society wouldn't take her. Looks like Aunt Kailee is stuck being a hamster mommy to a very bitey hamster! The remainder of Saturday was spent doing laundry, packing and visiting.
Dylan and I were back on the train returning home Sunday late morning.
We had such a great time! We look forward to our next long visit with Granny and Poppa!



Granny Jo and Poppa Ed



Aunt Kailee

Great Aunt Carrie (a.k.a. Aunt Pickle Lady)



Poppa Ed

Dyl Pickle

This is Dylan sucking on her first dill pickle. Crazy, I know, but she loved it! Aunt Carrie is a huge fan of pickles and she asked if she could let Dylan lick one. I thought, sure, the kids gonna think it's sour and gross and make a funny face, why not. Well, I was very wrong. She grabbed Carrie's hand and held it so she couldn't take the pickle away. Both Carrie and Dylan have earned nicknames because of the experience! And Dylan got to enjoy pickle every night on our trip.

No comments: